Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Log in to your student portal to access the school Library catalogue
For login details see the home page of the Library catalogue
For login details see the home page of the Library catalogue.
Explora is the user friendly search interface of the EBSCO databases. This includes topic overviews that provide students an excellent starting point for research.
Access our ebook collection through the catalogue or click on the ePlatform link to the RSC ebook collection. To log in use your school login details.
Project Gutenberg is a website that offers free access to over 49,000 ebooks. All books accessible through this site are available through the Public Domain and are no longer bound by copyright restrictions.
What can the library help you with and what will you find on our site?
- A great book to read, including ebooks
- A place to work or read
- Research help for assignment tasks
- Help with study skills
- Where to find and how to search academic databases
- Help with referencing and writing a bibliography
- Finding related texts
- Reading lists
- Help with printing
TSOs are available Monday, Wednesday and Thursday to help with IT problems.
Bring your class to the Library
The RSC Library offers a variety of flexible learning spaces catering to a wide range of teaching and learning needs. These include
- 2 class learning spaces equipped with screens and laptop trolleys
- Group and individual learning spaces
- Class reading areas
- Study areas
Book a session with our information specialist Ms Holgersson.
The Library offers -
- Advice or lessons on using the Library
- Advice on reading material, including related texts
- Class reading sessions
- Help sourcing the most relevant information
- Teaching of information literacy and research skills, most effectively presented when integrated into programmed learning and collaboratively taught with the classroom teacher
Book a time and area through Edval to take advantage of our Library's rich, engaging resources and facilities.
Do you have OLIVER on your portal?
All students and staff now have access to our school’s library catalogue ‘Oliver’ anywhere internet access is available. This can be done from any device by logging onto the DEC student portal and choosing the “My School Library” application.
Students can use Oliver in a number of ways –
Search for a resource in the RSC Library and other listed libraries. If you are not used to using Oliver watch this video to learn how to use the Library catalogue.
To check details of your own library account click the My Library button in the right hand column.